Thursday, October 9, 2008

My α Journey - Episode 5 : Walking Through the Path ...


The Alpha ...


The Alpha, α, the very first alphabet of the Greek letter. Scientifically, it has many variables, such as coefficient of thermal expansion, the thermal diffusivity etc. But the most important meaning of this alpha is : The first unit in a sequence.

My very first DSLR is an Alpha camera, my first DSLR in my life. That was the time of the year 2007, and I joined the Alpha Community at the first Sony Photographic forum, the AMC.com.my forum. Not long after then, the Alphanatics.com emerged as the main knowledge sharing platform for all Alpha DSLR owners.


Through the forum, I've met new friends everyday. New friends from different background, different races and different occupations. But this never stop our passion in getting to know each other more closely.

The Outings ...

Outings are organised, and we are set to explore places surrounding the place we live. Talks and trainings are provided by some professional photographers.

The 12 Hours KL Photographic Marathon.









The Putrajaya Outing by Alphanatics.com







The Sungai Congkak Outing by Alphanatics.com








I gained much knowledge of photography from the outings. Reading in photographic books would only provide me the theories and rules of photo taking techniques, but the hands on would complete the whole training process.

Comments and critics session from each outing reveal all my mistakes. Knowing my own mistakes is essential to bring myself to a higher level of my photographic skill.



The Pros are not hessitate to point out the mistakes make by the participants.

The Convention ...

It is the first of its kind to be organised by Sony Malaysia. Many well known photographers are invited to lecture on their valuable experience of the path their had gone through to reach their professional level. Nothing come in easy way; hard work is the key of elevating himself to a higher level.

400 Alphanatics.com members had registered and been welcomed to this big event which last for 3 days (10th - 12th October) . The event take place in The Le Meridian Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.

The A900 Tester, professional photographer, Mr Kris LeBoutillier.

The environment is much hotter on the reception area although ball rooms are well chilled.

The anatomy of the A700 on display.

A hot motorbike without a hot babe...
No wonder I feel emptiness in this photo.


Kudos to the men and women for their hard work of making this convention happen.

This is the path I am walking through, the path of Alpha. It all start with the word Alpha, and I have not stop learning from every angle along the path, gaining more and more knowledge on photography so to continue the tradition that once my father started 40 years ago. By the time my son is born, I believe I am knowledgeable to make lots of pictorial memories of him in an artistic ways. One day, when he's grown up, he would tell his young ones the history of the family, that once his father who owns an Alpha camera and he keeps a great photos of me ....

My Alpha journey is not stopping; the journey will continue to the infinite world of unknown ...

My α Journey - Episode 1 : In the Beginning ...
My α Journey - Episode 2 : The Evolution...
My α Journey - Episode 3 : In Search of Light ...
My α Journey - Episode 4 : Capturing the Joy of Pre-parenthood ...
My α Journey - Episode 5 : Walking through the Path ...

2 comments:

ckoon said...

Congratulation bro ! you did a fantastic job, your blog and photo skill really impress me !!! i'm your fans.

Templar Tan said...

ckoon
Welcome ! Thanks !
Gee... thanks for becoming my fans. :p Felt stressful already, got fans ! Haha...