Thursday, October 9, 2008

My α Journey - Episode 1: In the Beginning ...

Let's begin the Journey !

I am a citizen of the land with multiracial. I was born in an island that was first occupied by the British 200 years ago. I was raised and educated in a family with unlimited care and love. And now, I'm just a normal city-man who live in this 1-million populated Kuala Lumpur.

I want to believe....

Yup, that's me !

Yes, I'm just an Average Joe in this city, going through my daily life routine like a machine. It coincide with the job I am working in; an Engineer who do things according to steps and rules. Life as an engineer is always filled with numbers, equations, designs, communicating, tenders, constructions etc etc... and it rotates like a ferry tale each day.

Numbers, equations, calculator, rules....

Life was not that interesting back then. Not until my deep buried interest in pictures in my genes surfaced.

It all begin with my family members who own the passion in history recording. My father owned a camera had captured the great memories of my family. I've seen how handsome my father was, and how pretty my mother look back then. I've seen how naughty my elder brother when he bullied my sister. And I've seen how cute I was when I was 5 years old. All of these pictures were captured with the old time SLR.

Ahhh.... these sweet memories really bring laughter to us. Though the pictures are in black and white, but the memories are so colourful !

It was no long ago that I realised I should continue what my father had started. It was time when I got married two years ago, and my ego of capturing the loving moments of my life grew even stronger.

Hence, the search of a camera begun...

My α Journey - Episode 1 : In the Beginning ...
My α Journey - Episode 2 : The Evolution...
My α Journey - Episode 3 : In Search of Light ...
My α Journey - Episode 4 : Capturing the Joy of Pre-parenthood ...
My α Journey - Episode 5 : Walking through the Path ...

2 comments:

Pranav Yaddanapudi said...

Being a Sony Alpha user who wants to be a Strobist sometime, I am loving your blog. Keep up the good work! Btw, the picture of the Yashica is missing on this page :(

Templar Tan said...

@Pranav Yaddanapudi
Hi there !
Thanks for loving my blog. Unfortunately, work has consumed much of my free time that result slow update of my blog.

I forgot which Yashica photo I've posted on this page, however, I replaced it with another Yashica photo instead. :D