Friday, September 19, 2008

The Minolta 50mm F1.4 Lens


This is my 3rd lens after I bought the A100 twin kit package. This is a great lens ! Minolta lenses are good in quality, and they were made from Japan, not China made as some of the current Sony lenses.

However, Minolta lenses are extremely difficult to find nowadays, and the prices are getting higher and higher. We are like vulture scouting for any A-mounter who wish to jump ship and grab his/her gears before it gets away! Quite sad actually because we are chasing to get these old minolta lenses in the market. If I am lucky, I get a good copy and vice versa.

Anyway, I wish to share here is the thought behind shooting this Minolta lens. A tupperware cover was used as diffuser to diffuse the light so to bring out the coating colour of the lens. What happen if no tupperware cover is used ? I got this photo:


I can't see the deflection of the coating of the lens. Same as this photo:

I got the inner aperture blades, but I lost the beautiful lens coating colour.

Be careful when holding the tupperware cover. Mind the reflection on the lens as well. See the following photo:

Instead of the reflection of the diffuse cover, my hand is captured on the lens front element as well.

This is how my set up is. Forgive me of the mess in my "studio". White cardboard is used as reflector. Although my DIY aluminium foil paper reflector reflects better than this white cardboard, but it does cast quite ugly reflection on the lens surface. This is because of the unevenness of the aluminium foil paper surface.

Learn all about strobist at www.strobist.com.

4 comments:

小薰妈 said...

哦~原来你还有这么一个部落格啊??小薰爸爸一定很喜欢看你的文章的。我已经把你的部落格BOOKMARK起来。等下他回来时就可以慢慢看了!!:)
另外他想问说:你有遇过镜头发霉这个问题吗?要是拿去店铺弄好的话大约要花多少大洋啊?我们有送去原厂弄。但是他们说一个镜头要RM700多~吓到我们咯!!
:)

洋晴爸爸 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
洋晴爸爸 said...

Niger1437
欢迎!
呵呵,只是一个小小的摄影技术分享,难登大雅,如有错误,请多多指教哦~~

镜头发霉?有。从台湾回来后,镜头开始发霉了。还好我早发现,拿去清洗就好了。

我不送去原厂清洗,因为很贵。这里吉隆坡有一个口碑很好的镜头清理专家,收费很便宜。我的镜头他收我100大洋,清理得很清洁。他就是Jalan Ipoh, Mutiara Complex的Albert Cheah。槟城方面我就不懂了。或许我可以帮你问问看!给我你的电邮,我找到资料后,就电邮给你罢。我的电邮: funkiller21@hotmail.com

镜头发霉最好尽快处置。如果霉菌很严重的话,会“吃”进镜头的coating。还是可以清洗的,只是可能会划去表面的coating,对拍摄结果会有些些的瑕疵。

看来,你们要一个dry box了哦!呵呵

小薰妈 said...

先谢谢你的帮忙!
我的email:niger1437@gmail.com